Wednesday, February 29, 2012

February 29, 2012 Wednesday







What a day! Of course it was beautiful weather again. After breakfast Richard went fishing again. I did some things around the house and then Bruce, the scooter guy, game with our rental scooter. We thought we'd try one out to see if we like it. It is O. K. but I would prefer to get a cheap small car. He stayed awhile for a visit and then I watered coconuts and moved some rocks. I may quit doing that now, but you never know.


After lunch we took the scooter to the Trust and Deb's new shop and checked on getting a 5 year drivers license for here. Once back home, I worked a little on the beach and then decided to give the cabinets in the bathroom another coat of white paint. They look pretty good. Next year when we return, I'll hit them with a final coat.


The middle of the afternoon, Richard spotted a bone slick out front of the house that was huge. He raced to his kayak to fish. I got my snorkel gear and snorkeled right in front of our house. I saw a cute, good sized silver fish right away. Over in front of Johnny's place I saw a lot of good sized fish and then I saw a three and a half foot barracuda that was right in front of our house. We almost ran into each other. They are kind of spooky even that size. I was hoping to see a turtle but no luck. We don't have any coral in the water right in front of our house. There is mostly all sand so we get stingrays, turtles, star fish, nurse sharks and sometimes other more ominous sharks. It is so super cool to just jump in the water right in front of your own house. In a caribbean island no less! This is unbelievable. I hope I get to come again next year.


We got cleaned up and headed to SCC for Wet your Whistle Wednesday. It was fun to visit with everyone again. I had a mudslide for my drink. Boy, was it good.





No comments:

Post a Comment