Thursday, February 16, 2012

Thursday, February 16, 2012

We awoke to a beautiful blue sky today and a slight breeze blowing. Lovely warm temps begging us to come out and play. We had breakfast and started painting. The ceilings are now finished. In the afternoon I started putting the house into a slightly livable fashion and then headed outside. I read a little in my hammock and also enjoyed the beach. Then I took my kayak out on the water. All day the water was a beautiful green shade today. It is always changing colors. The sky was super blue but the water was green. I am trying to soak up this environment and remember it for when I get back home to winter.

Tomorrow Richard is going deep sea fishing early in the A.M. again. I will start painting the walls. First I guess I will edge paint. The quicker we get this job finished, the quicker I can have fun again. It will be so nice to have the walls all freshly painted.

Saturday is Mardi Gras here. It will be at SCC this year. First there is a parade and then dinner at SSC and then a local live band will play. It is all a fundraiser for the National Trust on Little Cayman. We are looking forward to attending.

The moon has been pretty much gone now at night so we have been star gazing. It is crazy how many stars are in the sky here. I could reach up and grab one.

1 comment:

  1. There is a scientific reason for the changing of the color of the water from green to blue...can't remember what it is now though...I will look it up for you!

    Also, I don't think there will be much of a winter for you to come home to! It's been so mild this year...by mid-March it will probably be getting warm...crossing my fingers at least.

    ReplyDelete