Thursday, March 1, 2012

Thursday, March 1, 2012

This photo shows our beach from a different angle. That is the water in front of our property too and the brush pile that we will burn probably tomorrow. The brush pile is right above the kayaks on this pic.





The rocks you can see in the bottom corner here will hopefully be moved by machine while we are gone.



Another glorious day in paradise. I woke up early and just walked around and looked out every window of the house. It was so pretty outside. Richard went with Tom this morning to fish. He wanted to learn to fly fish. I raked the beach and took some photos of it. It will be nice to see if it looks different from last year. We cleared more jungle out so it should look different.


I finally got my Cayman National Bank account set up on-line. It was a big deal here. They seem to be very slow with this kind of thing. They have been working on it all these 5 weeks. Good heavens. I wanted to have my power bill on-line but it isn't even available. Maybe some other year.


Robin Fite (a builder) came by today to look at our roof and some other things. He is going to get us a price to replace our roof and do a few other jobs around our house. While we were waiting for him I practiced driving the scooter. They say it is like riding a bike but I find it quite different. I am getting the hang of it. I think Richard prefers a scooter to a car.


This afternoon we went to "town" to get a couple things and pick up our debit cards at the bank. They now have them and an ATM on Little Cayman. When they got the ATM there was a big party with a ribbon cutting and everything. Go figure.


I am trying to lounge around more now. I worked just a little on the beach this afternoon and tried to lay in my chair and read. Richard took the scooter to the North side to fish. I guess I could get the hang of this relaxing. I washed all the paintbrushes today and put them away. I never want to paint again. Never say never!

No comments:

Post a Comment