Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Tuesday, February 28,2012

Another gorgeous day today. In the middle of the night we awoke to a rain shower. It lasted at the most 5 minutes. It was a good one though, I had to close some windows and wipe things up. The smell was intoxicating. That fresh rain washed all the salt out of the air. Not to worry though, the day was nice and hot and sunny all day. Richard and I both worked on the beach this morning. We are still clearing out jungle and moving rocks. What will we do when we don't have all this work to do?

Richard had some computer work to do this morning too for work and I had a little bill work on my computer this morning too. After lunch I opened the door to bring in my sun tea and there stood Richard the Builder. What a surprise. We showed him the new bathroom he built for us. He liked our new paint colors. He is going to do some more work for us when we are gone again. We are having some cement work done on the front (water side) and some rock moved there too. Also, we are having cement poured in the back so I can have an area to set some colorful chairs and give a better "first impression" of the house when you drive up. Ah projects!

I attacked the bathroom cabinets after Richard left. I painted them white. It is the first coat and I love it. Now I have to make it look decent. Then it was back to the rocks again. It is pretty hot work but I want to keep at it.

Suddenly it was 4:00 and we needed to get to the grocery store. Boy was that a hot bike ride. Coming home was very difficult as the wind was pretty strong against us. Richard said that is it, next year we will have a vehicle. We made it home and I started supper right away. One gets pretty hungry on this island. I dashed out on the beach to read while supper was cooking.

After dinner we relaxed on the porch again tonight. There was our little "immature Yellow- Crowned Night-Heron. We first found him last year living on the back side of our house in the trees along our driveway. He is adorable. This year he is in the trees between us and Sunset Cove Resort. I was down on the beach after sunset standing on the edge of the water looking out. He flew down to the middle of our "yard". Then I went back on the porch. He proceeded to walk to the waters edge, right where I had been. He stood there looking out just like I had. He would turn his little head back and forth while gazing out. He is about 14 inches tall. He makes the funniest noises. He seems to have attracted a little friend tonight too. They are a territorial bird.

Our fun continues. We are still very glad we bought this place. I think I am getting ready to spend longer times here. It is sure nice missing Iowa winters.

No comments:

Post a Comment