Monday, February 13, 2012

Monday, February 13,2012

We slept with most the windows closed last night and all the fans turned off. It was perfect sleeping. Today the weather was perfect. It seems to be very low humidity today. The breeze was stronger in the morning. I washed some sheets and boy did they blow around. They were dry lickety split!

I worked this morning moving a lot of rock on the beach. We are going to get rid of these rocks if it kills us. Richard saw a bone fish slick out on the water. He got his gear ready and grabbed his diving booties from the porch. He stuck his foot in and got bit by a scorpion. This was a big tan colored scorpion that is native to the Caymans. It was not one that is big and black. It was very ugly though. It hurt pretty bad. I gave him some Benadryl and he suffered awhile. But it wasn't long and off he went fishing. He caught one nice bone fish, but didn't have the camera for a photo.

After lunch we decided to start painting the inside of the house. Turns out the color we thought was perfect, was totally wrong. We called Kevin and he brought the paint sample book back and we are trying again. Sure is easier to just paint everything white.

I fell asleep in the hammock again this afternoon for awhile. Most of the day I tried to work on rocks and just be on our beach. It is really taking shape and I just love being out there. This weather couldn't be any nicer.

I fixed my meat sauce and spaghetti for supper tonight. It was very good. We were both starving. Tomorrow I don't have to cook, as we are going to SCC for their Valentine's Day Dinner. They do a super job and I am looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment