Friday, February 24, 2012

Friday, February 24,2012

Today's weather was a carbon copy of yesterdays. It is pretty fantastic. I spent time on our beach this morning, did a load of laundry and painted the bedroom cabinet/shelving. I could have finished it off tonight but Richard and I are going to play a game of cribbage yet.

I spent some time in the hammock and also later afternoon read my book on the beach. This afternoon we had a tiny baby iguana on our steps. He wasn't frightened of us at all. I was worried he was too tiny to get down the steps, but he did fine. I put some lettuce scraps out for him tonight. Richard was in the kayak fishing in front of the house this morning and saw a huge sea turtle. His head was the size of a softball. They are going to be coming in soon to lay their eggs. This is why we are having a big island beach cleanup tomorrow. We are working on the areas that they will use. Jamaica dumps their trash in the ocean and some makes it here with the sea current. Not too nice of them.

Richard worked on clearing some of our jungle on the north side of our property. We are making good progress. There are a few trees that I would like removed on our sand that I am not sure he really wants removed. I don't care for these island grape trees at all. We have more than enough of them on both sides of our property, we don't need them on the beach too. They are the ones that get leaves the size of huge dinner plates.

Time for cribbage in front of the breezy window.

No comments:

Post a Comment