Saturday, February 25, 2012

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Hello paradise! The day was perfect once again. We did some things around the house and at 9:00 A.M. Karen from Mangrove Manor and Tom Columbia, and Mark Ortner arrived to pick us up. We headed out to start island cleanup day. We started at Rock House and worked our way towards Johnny's place. This was about one half mile. We had 27 super large black garbage bags full. There were also people working on the North side and Point of Sand. It was an enormous undertaking. This stuff gets washed in when there are big storms. Totally amazing. There was tons of flip/flops, bottles and everything you can imagine.

When we were finished we all gathered at Point of Sand for a big barbecue. It was a lot of fun. There was around 50 people.

Once home again, I had to relax in my hammock. After my rest, it was back to painting. I am happy to report that I am completely finished painting now. I am so glad. It is looking very good. In the future I will leave the painting to the professionals.

Tonight the wind has died way down and the tide is out. We had a gorgeous sunset and the water is totally smooth again. The white egrets flew in to the mangroves to roost from the breakers. This time they flew very close to the water. I love how every morning they fly to the breakers to fish and every evening they fly back. They do this right in front of our beach.

While Richard and I were sitting on the porch tonight we had a couple really cute lizards crawling on the wall eating bugs. Thank you lizards!

We will sure sleep good tonight. Actually, I sleep good here every night. Must be because it is paradise.

No comments:

Post a Comment