Friday, February 17, 2012

Friday, Feb. 17, 2012

Richard standing proud with his tuna.



The adventure continues. Richard left at 5:45 to go deep sea fishing. It was dark out and he had to take the bike to SCC to get picked up at their fishing dock. It was worth it though. He had a great time and they caught five Tuna and one Barracuda. We had tuna for dinner tonight. I fixed it on the grill. We will have a few more meals of Tuna also. It was quite tasty. Fresh from the ocean.


After he left in the early morning I read my book for awhile and then did a load of laundry. While it was washing, I sat on the beach. It was so still and peaceful. After I got that load hung to dry I started painting. I did edging so we can just use the roller and move right along. Oh my gosh! There was so much edging to do. I am just exhausted. The kitchen was pretty much all needing to be done by brush. I was climbing all over the counters. The first bug that lands on my freshly painted walls better look out. I never want to paint again. Tomorrow we will start very early on this and then it'll just be the bedroom and bath to finish. They hopefully won't take as long. It will be so beautiful when finished.


While I was grilling supper, I discovered a huge container ship out front of the house. It looked like it was on this side of the breakers, but it couldn't have been. It is always exciting when a big ship goes by.


I did manage to lay on my hammock for half an hour in the early afternoon today. Cannot miss out on that. It is such a treat.


We are still talking about the name of our place. We are pretty much sold on Gecko Shack. Other ideas were: South Side Shack, Hammock Haven, or Hammock Landing. One of these days we must make a decision on this.

1 comment:

  1. for some reason I pictured Tuna being small...obviously his is not correct!

    ReplyDelete