Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Wednesday, Feb. 8, 2012

We have been here two weeks now. Hard to believe how fast the time has gone. Our first week was so fun with the kids here. That week was a little windy though. Today we woke to a very still day. It is so quiet here. Yesterday and today you couldn't here the "breakers" at all. The water is so calm and clear. I wish it would have been this way the week the kids were here. This is how it normally is most every day we are here.

Richard went bone fishing this morning and I took my kayak out. I found him at his "favorite" spot. I saw a small stingray while kayaking. He was so cute. The water was clear like a bathtub so it is easy to spot things.

After lunch we went over to Bloody Bay to snorkel. The waves were up over there. I don't quite understand this but they were. We rode back to the house and worked moving rock on the beach. Then we got ready for Wet Your Whistle Wednesday at SCC. There was a whole different crowd there tonight.

We met a guy whose first name is Russ. I can't remember his last name. He is a hedge fund manager in Canada. Then he said he plays music with some guys and started naming famous people. Gordon Lightfoot is one of them he mentioned. This Russ says the music is his but Gordon sings it. I asked him to write this down for me as I am old and forgetful, but neither of us had paper or pencil. I will try to find him again and take notes. You meet a lot of interesting people on this island. He is completely taking apart an old house on Grand and had it shipped here on the barge to Little Cayman to be rebuilt. Very interesting.

This turned out to be a very relaxing day with unbelievable weather. Will we ever get anymore work done?

No comments:

Post a Comment