Monday, February 6, 2012

Monday, February 6, 2012

Right now it is 7:46 p.m. and I am sitting here typing with all the windows open to a beautiful cool breeze (mid 70's). The full moon is shining after a beautiful sunset. The weather today couldn't have been more perfect. I do know how blessed I am to be here and hope I will always remember it.

Richard went to the Tarpon Pond with his kayak trailing his bike this morning. His system works great. He caught four Tarpon, one of which was almost three feet long. It jumped six feet in the air and took off and broke his line. These fish jump right over your boat. They're really something.

While Richard was fishing, I took my kayak out and had a beautiful paddle. The water was nice and calm. I put in in front of the house and paddled south and then due east. I didn't see any critters though.

After lunch we got our snorkel gear and took the bikes to Bloody Bay. The water was calm, the air temp. perfect, and the water was warm. One has to wonder how it can be so perfect. We were out at the "wall" and saw the biggest parrot fish ever. Richard said he had never seen one that large even diving down 100 ft. This fish was at least 4 ft. and his head was so huge that I can't begin to describe it. The head was the size of my square ottoman in the family room. He looked right at me. I swam over the top of him. We saw lots of other gorgeous fish but that one really took the cake! We lingered a long time in the water and just took in the perfection of it all. The bike ride back even was lovely. I'm trying to remember the feel of it all and every single leaf on every tree and bush we passed.

Back at the house we cleaned our supplies, took showers and moved on to preparing supper. I sure work up a hunger on this island. We took a walk on our beach this evening in the moonlight. Tonight will be another good sleeping night. Can a day get any better.

No comments:

Post a Comment