Friday, February 11, 2011

Friday, February 11, 2011

Picture of Richard's bike with the cart for hauling hooked behind it. Notice my hammock is ready under the coconut tree.
Picture of Richard on scaffolding. Note we still have to paint the side and posts of the steps.

Photo of Richard and me at Bloody Bay today preparing to snorkel.


What a day! I enjoyed myself from start to finish. We woke up to a very calm day. Barely a breeze. The water was very flat. I hurried through my morning chores and started to paint. This painting has to be kept up as Richard needs painted boards for the shutters. I finished my benches also, so I am pleased. We worked until 11:30 and had lunch. Then we both headed for a hammock to rest up. This is important!

At 1:00 we got ready and headed to Bloody Bay on our bikes. At last it is time to snorkel again. The water was very nice. It was also warm. Unlike the time we were over with Brandon when it was cold. I don't ever remember it being cold like it was when we took Brandon over there. We headed straight out to the 40 ft. water. It was beautiful. On the way there was a 5ft. Barracuda. He was way down on the bottom. Suddenly, he came for me. I got away. Richard growled at him and that seemed to work. Exciting. Saw a giant sting ray with a jack right on top of him, some really huge grouper and some very large parrot fish and lots of other critters. It was wonderful.

When we got out of the water we had a little snack and relaxed on the beach. We were alone in the world. It was so peaceful and beautiful. I could have stayed there the rest of my life. We did pedal back to the house. We washed the salt off ourselves at our outdoor shower and hung our things to dry. I took a shower and started supper. Richard put the finishing touches on another shutter. He only has four to go! Boy, will we celebrate when these are completely finished.

We did put a bid on the car that the Cayman National Bank is selling. I wonder when we will find out if they accepted our bid?

This was a spectacular day. It should be a good sleeping night. The temp is supposed to cool to the low to mid 70's. Sweet dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment