Thursday, February 24, 2011

February 24, 2011 Thursday

Here is a picture of the sunset tonight taken from our deck. There were a few clouds in the horizen.
This is another shot of the sunset. This also shows the latest area we cleared out. There are some rocks on top of the sand yet that we have to move. We'll do that next year. Our sandy beach is getting bigger and bigger.


I woke up in this wonderful paradise again today. How lucky am I! Richard took off fishing in the morning and I put in a load of laundry and just flat out enjoyed myself. I watered my little coconut trees, walked around, looked around, fiddled around, sat around and was just amazed at how great everything looked. This scenery is really something.

After lunch we headed over to Bloody Bay to snorkel. The waves were really coming in. We were debating if we should give it a try when we spotted a couple turtles. That was it! We jumped right in. We found them and swam around with them. I think they enjoy it too. We also saw some rays. We were sure glad we snorkeled. It is hard to get in and out when the waves are coming in like that. What a good time though.

After we got home, Richard tried fishing again and I took my book and sat on the beach in my wonderful teak lounge chair. Boy, did I relax. That was one of the most enjoyable times of my life. I truly mean that. I had to force myself to get up and take a shower and make supper.

We are trying not to work anymore these last days. It is nice. Tonight is very peaceful here. The stars are shining and it is cool out for good sleeping. Just a slight breeze is about. I am leaving our swim wear on the line overnight. It is a good night for it. We took our garbage out to the end of the drive tonight. We took flashlights along as it is very dark. We are careful not to step on any hermit crabs on the way. They are so cute.

Carolyn Janssen

No comments:

Post a Comment