Wednesday, February 2, 2011

February 2, 2011 Wednesday

It is a hot day here today. I don't want to complain as it is 2 degrees at home with 30 below wind chills. It was 90 degrees in my house today. I had to move slowly. I spent the night alone last night. It was so quiet. I slept good though. Richard called around 7:00 a.m. and let me know that Brandon's flight to Chicago was cancelled. I guess they are getting 24 inches of snow and very high winds. Everything is cancelled back home. Even ISU cancelled. Brandon and Richard are staying another night in Grand Cayman. What a place to be stranded! It is nice Brandon doesn't have to be alone.

I worked around the house and in the yard today. The beach is starting to look pretty good. I don't have a camera right now, so I can't publish new photos. We are going to take pics of the grounds and house when we get some touch ups done.

Today the barge came in. I went to get our stuff but I was a little early so then I stopped at the new grocery store that Richard M. (the builder) started up. He is giving the other tiny store some competition. It has helped bring prices down some. He was there and offered to get my stuff if Richard doesn't get back in time. This is a nice favor as I have to climb way up into the box car from the barge to get our stuff off of a pallet. I got up in the other one that was still there from last week as there were a few things in it. At first I thought I got there late. But no!, I was early.

Today my little gecko friend from last year finally came out to see me again. Right at the bottom of the steps. Same place as last year. Is he really the same one? Hello gecko! It is only 8:30 here but I am going to bed. This perfect life is wearing me out.

We had a beautiful sunset tonight. It was so peaceful and the water was so smooth. I thought about going snorkeling out front of the house today but thought I better save my sunburned legs. They are pretty bad. I stopped at Southern Cross Club today pretty much just to talk to someone. Plus it felt pretty good to get in the car and use the air conditioner.

No comments:

Post a Comment