Monday, February 7, 2011

February 7, 2011 Monday

Sunday was Super Bowl Sunday. We had a hearty breakfast after awaking to a beautiful day. We worked on hurricane shutters and made good progress. I have become a painting fool! In the afternoon I decided I didn't like that bush in the middle of my beach. It was hard work but I removed it. What a difference! Then Richard started removing things on the Blue Lagoon side of our property. Now we see tons more of our beach water. It is sure nice. We'll take more photos to remember it when we are all done this year. Some of the bush stuff grew too much along the walkway next to our steps, so I tackled it. Wow, does it look nice now. This took all afternoon. We finally stopped around 4:00. Time to get ready for the Party. Boy, did I have a good time. They showed it on a huge screen, outside. The weather couldn't have been more perfect. Dinner was wonderful, of course. We met Pete and Karen. They built a new house next door to Head o Bay. Really nice place they call Mango Manor. We are thinking of naming our place the Sea Shack. Another couple who stay a week every year at SSC arrived Sunday too. It was nice to see them again.

When the game was over we hopped on our bikes and pedaled on home. It was so nice to have our new lights on our bikes. What a peaceful ride home. We enjoyed it. I did not blog as it was 10:30 when we got home. Off to bed we go.

Monday, it is back to work for us. Not a cloud in the sky all day and 85 degrees again but there we were painting and installing shutters. We do have 12 to construct. Richard is a slave driver! No snorkeling for me again today.

Tonight is leftovers for supper, so that's easy. Maybe I'll squeeze in a kayak ride. But I just heard my hammock calling me. I am going to relax a little before dinner. This easy life is the greatest!

No comments:

Post a Comment