Tuesday, February 15, 2011

February 15, 2011 Tuesday

It is already the middle of the month. Time is just flying by and I want to enjoy every minute while I am in paradise. After that wonderful Valentine's Day dinner I slept very good. I am still remembering that great desert.

Today we worked on the beach again and burned a huge pile of jungle debris. We slow but sure are cleaning out more of our property. When one is working by hand it is a slow process. Luckily the water called to us. We took off on our kayaks and relaxed on the water. While I was out a huge sting ray swam right under my boat. I was in very shallow water and could see him easily. Then I was over beyond Johnny's house and once again in shallow water and spotted a big star fish. That was really something. I have never seen one at Little Cayman before.

This morning when we got up we noticed a huge Catamaran moored over by Owen Island. It is for sure at least a $6 million dollar boat. There must be a celebrity on the island. Tomorrow I may get to "town" and investigate. In the afternoon Castro stopped over from the Blue Lagoon boat dock. He is a local, born and raised here. His full name is Fidel Castro Christian. Everyone calls him Castro. We also have an Elvis on the island too. He is a local also and is the garbage collector. The only true mechanic on the island is a man named Michael Jackson. So, we have a Castro, Elvis and Michael Jackson. How about that!

After dinner tonight we walked around outside under the nearly full moon. It was almost as bright as sunlight. The light bounces right off the sand and really brightens things up. Very lovely. One has to wonder how everyday can be so perfect, but it is. We are sure lucky to be here.

No comments:

Post a Comment