Wednesday, February 9, 2011

February 9, 2011 Wednesday




Goodmorning paradise! We woke up to a windy morning. It sure felt good. I did a little laundry and it was dry in a second and just like in a clothes dryer. I started painting the benches today. I have never done anything like this before and it is kind of fun. I finished the smaller ones so tomorrow I will do the big ones. I first put a kilnz on and then 3 coats of paint. Things dry super quick here. Then I noticed the front door needed a fresh coat. On it goes. Painting can get kind of addictive. One is always finding one more thing to paint. I found all kinds of things to "touch up".


Supper was in the oven while I was painting and suddenly it was ready and I was still painting. I quickly put it away and had food on the table when I realized Richard was in the shower. I forgot it was "wet your whistle Wednesday" at Southern Cross Club. We ate in a hurry, left the dishes and tried to make me presentable. I was a mess. I combed my hair and put on some lipstick and got on the bike and headed to SSC. Everyone was there and we had a good time. We got caught up with the island folk.


Today Richard got some more shutters done. I took a photo of him on the scaffolding. We didn't get to snorkel today again. We thought it was too windy and the waves would make it difficult to get in the water. We can try tomorrow. This afternoon Richard noticed the bone fish were feeding right outside the house. He jumped off the scaffolding and ran for his kayak. The waters were a little rough but he managed to catch a couple bone fish. He sure looked happy on his return.

Tonight we sat out on the porch and enjoyed the beach after dark. The moon is almost half now and we could see just a little. It was so pretty and peaceful. This afternoon I also squeezed in a short hammock snooze. The coconut trees kept me perfectly shaded and there was a gentle breeze. How great is that!

Attached are a couple photos of the beach in progress. This year our priority was to finish the shutters. It is a big project.

No comments:

Post a Comment