Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

I am typing this late tonight as we went to Wet Your Whistle Wednesday at SCC.  We didn't eat there though.  We had a fun time as there were a lot of "locals" there tonight.  When we got home I fixed a quick meal here of leftovers. 

Today was another busy day.  Richard left early with his kayak to go through the breakers into the open ocean.  He found an opening across from Lee's house.  The sea was very calm this morning so he could give it a try.  What an adventure.  He said it was quite a thrill.  His goal is to catch us some fish that we can keep and eat.  While he did that, I did a few things around here and then started moving rocks again.  I'm still taking them away from places I moved them to last year.  Sounds crazy.  I worked up a good sweat, so I took my kayak out and relaxed on the water.  I met up with Richard eventually (not in the open ocean). 

We had a hardy lunch, of course and then headed to "town".  We delivered our LP tank to the truck so the guy can fill it when he flies in from the Brac tomorrow.   It will sure be nice to have my barbecue grill again.


Richard and I worked on the path we are paving to the sand this afternoon also and then I called it quits and grabbed my kindle and headed for the hammock.  I think laying in my hammock under the coconut trees just may be my favorite thing to do.  It is just so super great!     
Richard took this shot while out in the open sea.  That is Lee's house in the distance.  The waves you see here are actually 3 feet high.
Photo of Richard "mopping" the sand with our old shirt filled with rocks.  We are collecting stickers (sand burrs).  Then we'll pitch the shirt.

Here is a picture of all the stickers collected on the old shirt.  Gross!

No comments:

Post a Comment