Thursday, February 7, 2013

Thursday, February 7, 2013

We had such a busy day!  I am almost too tired to type this blog.  The weather couldn't be more outstanding.  Perfect temp in the 80's and light breeze.  We went this morning with the scooter and managed to get our LP tank filled.  I am very happy.  I grilled tonight and it was great.  The government people were here today.  We went early there to get our permanent drivers licenses for the Caymans.  They were busy.  They are only here on every other Thursday.  It cost over $100.00 for a drivers license here for three years.  You have to take a written test. 

I worked on the beach again.  It is looking spectacular.  But I am biased.  After lunch Richard fished for a little while for some bone fish.  He caught his biggest one ever.  When he got back, we hurried over to the North side to snorkel our favorite spot at Bloody Bay.  It was super to be back.  We saw an octopus, many fish that were large, the most gigantic conch, a stingray, a cute flounder and many more.  There was another couple there snorkeling.  We visited a bit.  They are from Portland, Maine and a spending a week at SCC. 

When I was hanging out our swim suits on the line, I heard a noise behind me.  There was Ellie, the female iguana up on the porch with me.  She is so friendly.  I told her to wait while I went in and got her some lettuce.  She ate a nice piece.  Then we went down the steps to look for her mate, Winston.  He was nowhere to be found.  We were looking around and she sat there awhile.  After she left, I happened to look.  She had left me a nice little gift.  She peed and pooped.  It looked like what a small dog would leave.  I used two island grape leaves to clean it up.  One to scoop it into the other.  It was easy as it was on the sand.  What a cutie! 

Here are some photos we took today.  They were with the underwater camera so they aren't as colorful and clear.  I wish I would have let Richard buy the expensive camera he wanted to buy.  Next time we'll buy the better one.

This shows our beach from the water.  Our place is on the right.  We have a lot of jungle to remove yet on the left of our house there.  Our property is over to the second mangrove.
This is the flounder in the water.  He is way at the top of the photo.  It is like a "Where's Waldo" photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment