Sunday, February 24, 2013

Sunday, February 24, 2013

What a day!  We had clouds when we woke up this morning.  There was no breeze and it got hot in a hurry.  I did my work out and Richard went back to the Tarpon Pond to recatch his fish from yesterday.  Turns out the camera had the setting wrong and his pictures of the fish he caught didn't take.  Today he caught one and the photo is a little blurry.  Good heavens!

I did some beach work.  We have started clearing the jungle on the side of our property and it is quite a job.  I worked about an hour and called it quits.  I recovered in the hammock.

 After lunch we decided to work on the jungle again.  This was a mistake.  Richard and I are both on the injured list.  He was pulling on a bunch of vines when he got stabbed by a stick on the back of his knee.  It is a pretty good puncture wound and he has a big knot to go with it.   Ouch!  I cut a tree with the reciprocating saw and was pulling it out covered with vines.  Suddenly it broke and I went down.  Of course there were tree trunks in the way and a bunch of rocks.  I've got scrapes and a nicely sprained ankle.  As the time goes on I have bruises and sore spots all over.  We should have gone snorkeling and we would be pain free now. 

We are in a great place to recover and enjoyed another beautiful sunset tonight.  The moon is full again and it is so pretty.  It shines so bright on the sand.

Today Bruno, the kite surfing instructor next door, informed us that he got fired last night.  He will leave early March.  He got a new job right away on the island of Aruba.  Good for him.  He is a very nice guy and a good instructor.  We wish him well.  I'm glad we got to meet him.  He is originally from Estonia.  Who gets to meet someone from the country of Estonia?  We do!

Another day comes to a close on our beautiful, tiny island.  Every minute is precious to us here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment