Saturday, February 2, 2013

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Today was a big day, we finally got our scooter.  We scooted after lunch to "Point of Sand" and relaxed on the beautiful sandy beach.  It looks kind of cloudy on this photo but it was a bright sunny day.  That cloud just wanted in on our photo.  We did a few "odd" jobs around the house today in the morning.  I moved a lot of rocks from around our little coconut trees that we are getting started.  Last year I piled them all around the trees and this year I took them away.  Talk about busy work!  I just didn't like how it looked.  I kept a few around them for protection but that is it. 

We went over to the north end to check out Bloody Bay.  The waves were coming in pretty strong.  It was beautiful.  We stopped and snooped at a new house built here also.  That was fun.  Some of these places are really awesome. 

Today our UV filter for our water started leaking.  Richard shut off the water and we took it apart.  Luckily it just needed a new light.  Turns out the other one had broken somehow and that caused the problem.  We have two extra bulbs on hand so we were ready.  They are $105 each so we are hoping this one doesn't break any time soon.

Tonight I baked a whole chicken for dinner.  He was from Jamaica.  Cost me $17.80 for one little chicken.  He didn't have any hormones though.  It was a tasty meal.  I never fix a whole chicken at home.  I guess I should. 

We took some photos yesterday of our beach after the rock clean up.  I still am amazed at what we accomplished. 

Too bad that mangrove is right in the middle of our beach.  They are protected, so we can't remove it.

Now you can walk right from our sand into the water.  No rocks!
There's my kayak again.  Sunbathing on the beach.

3 comments:

  1. I have been checking every now and then to see if you were there in paradise! Finally a post! I am so glad you are enjoying the weather, the beach and EACH OTHER. Good for you! What is the "chest thing" you spoke about in an earlier post? Did you get the scooter out? How long will you be in C.? Also please post more pictures of you and Richard. Also are the kids coming this year??? Sorry about all the questions, but you are living the dream and I want to hear all about it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jeannine, This is a dream! I agree. The chest thing is just a cold virus I picked up. Yes, we did get the scooter out. Robin helped Richard with 4 other guys. They had a big trailer with a lift on it. It seems everything here is an adventure. I could go on and on in my blog. It is so much fun! You should see my skin. It was so dry at home and now it is smooth and puffed up all nicely. This weather is great! It takes 10 years off your skin. I promise to take more photos. Good to hear from you.

      Delete
  2. Brandon and Natalie are not coming this year, they went last year. I am heading down there with my friend Beth on the 13th of this month for a week though!

    ReplyDelete