Thursday, February 21, 2013

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Another beautiful day on Little Cayman.  We had a hardy breakfast of pancakes and eggs so we are ready for some fun.  Richard hooked up his kayak to the scooter this morning and went to the Tarpon pond.  This is actually the first time he traveled with the boat behind the scooter.  In the past it was always behind the bike.  He said it went really well.  He caught some big tarpon but no photos of them.  While he was gone, I did my workout and laundry and read a book on the beach.  I had a fabulous morning. 

After lunch we went to the bank and "hardware" store.  It is in the back of the grocery store.  Of course, we went on the scooter.  My bike needed to get out, so I took it on a ride to the north end.  The waves were coming in.  It was just beautiful.  I walked up and down the beach.  It was very peaceful.  I think I'm in love with this island.  I worked up a good sweat peddling there and back.  There are actually a few hills to traverse getting across the island. 

I turned on the computer when I got back home as I had to check on bill paying.  There was a really nice breeze blowing through the house cooling me off.  I made quick work of the computer as I had hammock duty.  There is nothing more comfy than a hammock.  I had serious trouble staying awake.  I fixed chicken and baked potatoes on the grill for dinner.  I'm here grilling in warm, sunny weather in the middle of winter while it is snowing and cold back home.  How lucky is that!

No comments:

Post a Comment