Friday, February 1, 2013

Friday, February 1, 2013

Oh, what a beautiful morning!  It couldn't have been more perfect.  We are so happy to be here where it is warm instead of back home where it is 4 below zero.  Today the morning was spent just doing little nonsense.  It was so much fun.  Being lazy is great!  After lunch I hung out on the beach awhile and then went for a walk on the driveway.  I met up with a young iguana.  We talked awhile but he was shy.  I then got in my hammock under the coconut tree and read my book.  I had thought ahead and brought some bread along.  The really big iguana visited my hammock.  He became a pet of the resort people next door and now they are gone.  He is lonely and wanted something to eat.  So I gave him the bread.  He will eat out of your hand and even likes to be petted.  They named him Roger or something.  He is so cute. 

Bruno, the guy at the resort next door now, gave us a ride to the barge area this afternoon.  We got all our things except the scooter.  It was impossible to get it out of the container.  Tomorrow Robin will come with some equipment to remove it.  So, another day of anticipation. 

Tonight I fixed my homemade meat sauce and spaghetti noodles for dinner.  It was yummy.  My grill is out of gas so I have to do other types of food.  The "gas guy" will come from the Brac to fill tanks on the 7th or 8th.  We take our tank with our name on it to the area where he keeps his truck.  He'll fill it and then we go pick it up.  I don't know how we pay him.  He is very elusive. 

This evening here is just beautiful.  We sat out on the porch and there were absolutely no sand fleas out.  They were bothersome as we had rain.  Thank goodness they are gone again.  For such tiny almost invisible critters, they can sure bite.  It was super unusual that it rained four days in a row here.  People who have lived here 20 plus years can't remember it happening at this time of year before.  Yesterday was the only day it rained a lot of the four days though.  The other 3 days it was at night or early morning.  The rest of those days were beautiful sunny and warm.  It is always in the 80's here. 

We are looking forward to another good sleeping night here.  I seem to have slipped into island mode and boy is it great!  

No comments:

Post a Comment