Friday, February 15, 2013

Friday, February, 15, 2013

Today we had our alarm set for 6:15 and around 5:30 it started to pour rain.  Up we jumped to close windows.  This is the strangest year for sudden night or early morning rain showers.  There was no going back to sleep.  The sun came up on time and it was a gorgeous, perfect day.  This was the big dive morning.  Emily's first time to dive.  I'm posting lots of pictures on this post.  It was quite a day.  Of course, she loves diving.  We think Emily is actually part fish.  She is very comfortable in the water. 

She got a bad jelly fish sting on the front of her neck.  Very huge one.  Luckily, she took Dramamine before diving in case she got motion sickness on the boat.  I guess this also helped with the effects of the sting.  When she got home she took Benedryl.  Now it is all better. 

This afternoon, I made a nice long bike trip.  I stopped at SCC and took a long beach walk from there.  The sand is so deep it is actually a work out.  I met up with a few short timers along the way.  It was a nice relaxing afternoon. 

Note:  There is a big long strange picture shows up after the following first photo.  I don't know how it got there and I can't remove it.  It just must be ignored.  Darn.

Emily took this picture when she was down under today.


Here she is on her first dive.

Emily petting Winston.  He closes his eyes when being petted.

Emily and I lounging at Southern Cross Club.

Emily and I at Wet Your Whistle Wednesday.  We sure have a good time there.
  

2 comments:

  1. I am glad that Emily is there with you! How fun to have her to share the adventure! I love the pictures. Thanks for taking so many with YOU in them. (You look BEAUTIFUL!!!)
    Will you do a "post" of the house and take pictures of each room? Also the front and back from the outside. I want to imagine where you are. Can you do this or is the camera at the bottom of the sea?
    How long will you be there in Caymen????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jeannine,

      I think you will find photo's of the house in blogs from last year. I will definitely take new ones this year and post them. There are a lot of pics of me as Richard takes the photos. Luckily, we now can use Emily's camera while she is here. We have our smart phone camera also. We also have an underwater camera but it takes poor quality pics. We will buy a better one soon I am sure. We are here this year until March 6. We arrived Jan. 23. I am looking forward to staying at least 3 months. How are you holding up with all those grandkids? I just love your Christmas photos with the whole family.

      Delete