Monday, February 4, 2013

Monday, February 4, 2013

This morning Richard and I slept in a little.  We were tired after our big night watching the Super Bowl at Southern Cross Club.  What a game!  It got really good after the power came back on.  We didn't get home until 11:00 and that was late for here.  We watched it on the big screen set up outside.  Dinner was exceptional.  I tried to eat as much as I could.  He made a " to die for chili", some southern style sausage with sauerkraut, some kind of fish stew, split pea soup, salads, mixed vegges, sweet potatoes,  garlic mashed potatoes, and on an on.  Two different cheese cakes for desert.  I had mango (with real pieces of mango in it) that was yummy.  I couldn't eat the crust but it didn't matter.  What a night!

I couldn't type on my blog last night as it was just too late for me.  Sunday we talked to our kids on video chat to catch up.  Emily will arrive on the 13th.  But Brandon and Natalie are not coming this year.

This morning I finally tried out my new vacuum cleaner.  It works great.  I was cleaning away and Richard was in the bathroom when there was a knock on the door.  Here I was still in my night gown.  I usually get dressed right away but I guess I was loopy from last night or something.  Of course, the house is wide open so I had to answer.  I quickly grabbed a shirt for over my pj's.  It was Bruno from next door.  He must have thought we were really something.  I just pretended I was dressed in my Sunday best!

We did some errand running this morning on our new scooter.  We stopped at the bank and got money to pay Marc (Blossom Construction), and Frankie with Thompson Shipping (the barge).  Then we ran into some friends and visited forever.  It was so good to see Pat and Tom again.  Then we ate lunch at the Hungry Iguana.  On the way home we picked up a few items at the store. 

Richard installed our new fan in the bathroom.  Now all our ceiling fans are new.  The old one was so bad that as he was carrying it to the trash, the blades were dropping off.  I was lucky the thing didn't fall on my head while I was brushing my teeth. 

I did some bill paying on-line this afternoon.  These computers make it very easy to be far from home.  This afternoon I spent some time on the beach of course.  This afternoon every cloud in the sky disappeared and the breeze is dying down.  The temperature is very comfortable too.  Looks like another good sleeping night.  Tomorrow we hope to get in the water.  My virus is under control I hope, so look out fishies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment