Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

I'm so excited to type on my blog tonight!  We had such a fun day.  The weather was very calm with no clouds and the breeze was hardly there.  Just gorgeous!  After a hardy breakfast, Richard went fishing and I did a few things around the house.  It didn't take but a minute and I was in my kayak.  What a day.  We got in just in time for lunch.  This water is always changing.  Your think it can't get any more beautiful and there it does!

After lunch we took the scooter over to Bloody Bay.  The waves were three feet high.  I don't know why as the winds were so calm.  We decided to head to Point of Sand and there it was calm and perfect.  It was so quick to get there with the scooter.  It would have taken forever on the bikes.  I miss the exercise though.  I loved riding those bikes.  Tomorrow I am taking mine to Wet Your Whistle at SCC. 

Snorkeling at Point of Sand was as spectacular as always.  We saw a giant barracuda and the biggest Eagle Ray ever!!  He was as big as a car.  This was the first Eagle Ray I ever saw so I was pretty excited.  He was really something!  He must have come in from the deep way out sea to eat.  We were so lucky to see him.   We didn't have our underwater camera with us to take his picture.  The batteries wouldn't take a charge so we had to leave it at home.  Tomorrow our camera will be ready.  This ray made us look tiny.  What a find!

When we got home we cleaned up at our cool outside shower.  I made an easy supper of leftover spaghetti and then we watched the sunset.  The water is so still tonight.  The open ocean slamming into the breakers is even dead still.  I have never seen it that way.  The whole sky turned brilliant red tonight after the sun went down.  We sure enjoy the sunsets.  At home we are nestled in the trees and never see the sunset. 

This is a photo of Richard and I at Point of Sand just before we got in the water to see our beautiful Eagle Ray.

This shot shows a little of Owen Island off to the side.  The sun had just gone down.  Later, the sky got redder and redder.  You notice here the waves at the breakers are calm.  The next stop looking that direction would be Panama.   

No comments:

Post a Comment