Monday, February 25, 2013

Monday, February 25, 2013

We awoke to another beautiful day at sunny Little Cayman.  Today we did lots of jobs around our house and property.  Richard started installing the new tankless water heater we bought last year.  We are going to have it all ready to go in case our current one dies.   One has to be prepared when living on a tiny island.  A trip to the store was needed of course.  There are always people to meet when you make a trip to "town".  I moved some sand on the street side this morning.  We have the biggest crab (like monster, record size) that lives along the drive.  He digs huge holes in the sand and piles it up next to the holes.  I moved his sand to new spots. 

After lunch I worked on the beach some more.  Nothing heavy.  I seriously  spent time in the hammock today.   The day was just so beautiful, I wanted to soak it up as much as I could.

I checked our water supply.  I removed the lid on the cistern and shone the flashlight down into it.  I caught a cute little frog by surprise.  He was hanging on the side just out of the water.  I think he was blinded by the sudden light.  It is interesting how much water we use while here.  If we had a lot of company or stayed a lot longer, we might have to be conserving.  We should be able to make it easily 6 months, just the two of us.  It is 16 thousand gallons of water. 

Ellie, the female iguana comes to visit every day now.  She has become very tame with me.  Now that Emily is not here, Winston stays away.  Ellie knows her name.  I never would have thought they would act so domesticated.  They look prehistoric. 

The sunset was absolutely beautiful tonight and the moon came up big, beautiful and full.  This is like a fairy tale place. 

No comments:

Post a Comment