Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Same old story!  I woke up in paradise!  The weather couldn't be more perfect.  Beautiful sunshine and a slight breeze.  Too bad Emily has to leave today.  We ate breakfast and met Bruno as he presented Emily with a certificate for her kite surfing.  Her flight left at 9:15 so we headed right to the airport.  We managed to do a little shopping as we waited for her plane.  There were a few cute sun dresses and cover-ups at the liquor/boutique store.  Emily bought a new pair of flip/flops.  I am not kidding, they have a little clothing for sale in the liquor store.  We heard her plane arriving so we ran back to the airport.  We had to say goodbye. 

Richard and I turned in the rental car and headed home on our scooter to enjoy the beautiful day, even though we were feeling a little sad.  The fish were calling to Richard when we arrived home.  Off he went in his kayak.  I put in a load of laundry and cleaned up the house a bit.  That always keeps me busy after the kids visit. 

After lunch I took my bike down to Southern Cross Club and then walked the beach to Little Cayman Beach Resort and back.  I could make a habit of doing this.  When I arrived home I took my kayak out to find Richard.  There he was, paddling back with his missing fishing pole.  We can't believe he found it.  The poor thing was a little battered from the waves beating it but he cleaned it up and look out fish!

My beach chair was waiting for me when I parked my kayak so I relaxed awhile.  The hammock got jealous so I had to lay in it awhile too.  Then I remembered it was Wednesday and we had to get cleaned up and head to SCC for Wet Your Whistle Wednesday.  All the fun people were there at SCC so we had a good time.  The weather this evening is absolutely lovely.  It is very comfortable in the house.  What a day!



Emily fell a little in love with Winston the iguana.
Waiting for the plane to arrive.  Posing in front of Little Cayman's fire truck.
Emily heading to her plane.

No comments:

Post a Comment