Saturday, February 23, 2013

Saturday, February 23, 2013

It is another beautiful, sunny morning here at Little Cayman.  After a good nights sleep, and an early breakfast I am off and running.  Richard went to the Tarpon Pond again in the hopes of catching the tarpon and getting some good photos of them.  I did my workout and then took my bike to SCC and walked up the beach and back.  I just love doing this.  When I got home I sat on the beach.    A lady from next door came by to visit.  She is from California. 

After lunch Richard and I went to the north side to snorkel.  We had such a relaxing, beautiful snorkel.  The water was calm, clear and full of frolicking fish.  Did I just type that!  Good grief!  There was a lot of people over there with the same idea we had.  One did not want to get out of the water, it was so much fun.  Man, I love being here. 

When we got home, we decided to work a little clearing some more of our jungle along the side of our property.  It is hard, hot work but somebody's got to do it.  We lasted a very short time and got cleaned up.

I grilled bratwurst for dinner.  We had potato salad and a green salad with it and Belgium chocolate ice cream for desert.  What a feast!  The potato salad and ice cream were left over from last night when we had Pattie and Tom over.  After eating, we sat out on the porch.  There was the most beautiful breeze blowing.  It was hard to come back in. 

I can't resist posting pictures of some of the fish we saw today. 

Note:  There is something wrong with my computer blog program and it is making some of my photos gigantic.  Darn!!

This is a grouper.  A nice big one.

Here is a nice big mutton snapper.  He is very good to eat.
These are called grunts.

A snapper and some tangs.
This huge parrot fish was at least 4 feet long.  He was very pretty.
This guy is a squid.

No comments:

Post a Comment