Sunday, February 10, 2013

Sunday, February 10, 2013

I woke up still in paradise.  We are having a windy day today, so it looks like a work day.  Richard started yesterday on building the new storage/garage room.  Today it is almost finished.  I have helped him some, mostly the heavy work.  Ha, ha. 

Yesterday was Mardi Gras here.  We headed out for the parade at 3:30 in the afternoon and didn't get home until 9:30 at night.  The floats were very elaborate this year.  They went all out.  The theme was "One Love".   Talk about fun!  Everybody was there.  After judging the floats, everyone headed to Pirate's Point Resort for dinner.   They had a raffle for a cell phone and a round trip ticket to Grand.  We tried to win but what we really need is a new camera.  Ours died in the ocean when Richard flipped his kayak. 

I am finished moving the rocks away from the coconut trees, finally.  Boy, was that work!  They are big and heavy.  I put them in the wheel barrow and then haul them away and dump them.  Good exercise, I guess.  I should not have moved them there to begin with.  Live and learn. 

Today Mark and Bruce stopped by on scooters to see the new storage area.  They were out on a Sunday ride.  It was fun to get some company.

This is Richard and I on our very first night.  We were at the Wharf Restaurant on Grand.

Here I am at Mardi Gras with the best costume winner in the center.  Linda from Oregon is on the right.  Her and her husband stay for 3 months.  Richard is going deep sea fishing with her husband on Tues.  He has a big boat.




This is a shot of  Gladys dressed like the Queen with a paper mask on.  It was very realistic.  I am second from the left.  What a fun night!


No comments:

Post a Comment