Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Today we awoke super early as Richard was going fishing.  He went with Mike from Oregon.  He has a nice boat for the open ocean.  A man named Paul from Boston also went.  Paul appears to have a special kind of fishing luck.  He caught four fish!  Mike caught one and Richard caught zero.  Paul went fishing the other day with a guide and caught a yellow tail snapper and a mutton snapper.  They were not even in a boat, they were shore fishing.  This guy is pure lucky!  Go Paul, go!  One also must note.  Paul was in the Caymans when Boston got three feet of snow.  Is this luck or what?  He is going snorkeling tomorrow.  We should probably go too as he will probably see unbelievable things.

While Richard was fishing, I was busy in the house.  I even did my exercises.  I had a knock on the door and there was Mike's wife, Linda.  She was on an exercise walk.  It was so fun to have some company.  After she left, I did some laundry.  I thought about painting that new storage room and then noticed my bike sitting there.  The poor thing never gets ridden since the scooter arrived.  I rode to Southern Cross Club and had a virgin Pina Colada while I lounged on their beach.  Boy, did I enjoy my morning. 

After lunch I raked the beach.  This was a mistake.  A million stickers surfaced.  I proceeded to pick them all up.  I worked until I had heat stroke.  Thank goodness I had a fabulous hammock to recover in.  I took an early shower.  I just emerged when a knock on the door revealed Mike and Linda.  They brought us two fish all cleaned and ready to cook.  I fixed them for dinner tonight and boy were they good.  How very nice of them to share.

Now it is evening and I am exhausted after another busy day.  The days just go too quickly here.  Everyday we still marvel at how lucky we are to be here.  I've got to get to bed, so I can wake up and start having fun again.

No comments:

Post a Comment