Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Today was a big day.  The cement truck arrived at 8:00 A.M. and our deck was poured.  Here is a shot of the action!  It was fun to watch that huge truck come down our driveway.
 

Jim and Ginny left the island on Tuesday morning.  It was fun to have them here and I enjoyed a vacation from clearing jungle and trying to remove sand burrs from the beach.  I am determined to eliminate those stickers and have a barefoot'n beach!

Yesterday evening Richard and I went to the Hungry Iguana and watched Iowa State play basketball.  They have a couple big TVs there and it was fun to watch our team win!  

Tonight was Wet Your Whistle Wednesday at SCC and we were there.  It was fun to get together with island friends.  

Tomorrow I am getting on my bike again.  I have not been doing as many rides and beach walks this year as I would like.  This year has been a busy one for us.  We have had a lot of projects it seems.  I am excited for the barge to arrive this week as our new dining table and chairs will be on it. I ordered it on-line so I have not seen it yet.  Sure hope it looks like it did on the computer!!  

Here is a picture I just took today of the beach.  Notice how there are no stickers on it!  Ha Ha!!  We made a nice sand path to the beach through the rocks.  That is a shadow on it from the island grape tree trunk.  Eventually, I will eliminate those rocks.  It's good exercise!  

Once again it is snowing in Ames.  I am so glad to be here and miss all the nasty weather.  When I am here, I never want to leave.  I know though, when I get back home, I will be happy to be there too.  

No comments:

Post a Comment