Monday, February 24, 2014

Monday, February 24, 2014

My daily journal continues as I record my experiences and thoughts while spending a glorious 6 & 1/2 weeks here on Little Cayman.

Richard left early to fish on the boat this morning.  I still needed to make a batch of pancakes for the week and then finish kitchen duty.  I hurried through the rest of "housework" as I wanted to get on my bike ride early today.  The day was going to be extra warm as the breeze has died down.  My ride was great!  I think I'll do it again tomorrow.

After the fun bike ride and beach walk I needed to cool off.  The water was so calm and pretty so I changed to my suit and took my kayak out.  Cutie Pie was in the water too!  She/he was fishing right by our house.  I can get very close now and he even seems to recognize when I say his name.  If I was here long enough I would call him our pet.

I raked the beach a little after my kayak fun and then I settled in a hammock to read.  I may have fallen asleep for a bit.  It was that wonderful!

After lunch, we made a trip to the grocery store for supplies, a lot of which were things for the boat to keep it running.  The afternoon included some jungle removal, watering of the new cactus and other yard projects.
We sure kept busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment