Friday, February 21, 2014

Friday, February 21, 2014

I woke up at Little Cayman again!  Thank heavens!  I sure slept good last night.  There was a nice breeze coming in the window on me all night long.  This morning I did my work out again.  I have been stiff and sore after the last work out.  Turns out I got out of shape in a hurry.  My muscles were getting lazy.  It is nice to have a break from my exercise routine at home though.  I did some work around the yard and beach and then just sat on my beach chair for the longest time.  It was so wonderful.  I was in the shade with a nice breeze blowing.  A little gecko was sitting on a rock by me the whole time.  He enjoyed it too.  Some of these little guys are so friendly and don't run away at all.

We are still waiting on our table and chairs.  Turns out they delivered only the cold goods this morning.  We stopped to pay Frankie before lunch and he said the barge would deliver dry goods this afternoon.  Another trip to the barge at 4:00 was a waste of gas also.  Then at 6:00 I got a call from Frankie's wife saying the barge was in.  We hurried over and sure enough there it was.  This is something to see!  We also got the chance to see the sun setting into the ocean.  Very pretty.  Frankie was there also but decided not to open the containers until morning.  So we came home empty handed again.  If it wasn't for getting my table & chairs I would say I am getting tired of driving to the barge!

This afternoon I worked on a new area of our beach.  We are starting an expansion!  While I was out I noticed our bird was in the water by the beach.  I took some photos of him.  Here he is just after he caught a little fish and ate it.  He is so adorable!  I should probably name him.  How about "Cutie Pie"!


We stopped and visited some neighbors down the road from us today.  They have some beautiful flowers and cactus on their property.  They wanted us to take a few so we did.  We are excited to plant them.  Thank you Lou and Colin!

Tonight, after dark I sat out on the beach.  The bugs were not out and it was so peaceful!  I love the water when dark outside.  This water is always taking on a new look.

No comments:

Post a Comment