Monday, February 3, 2014

February 3, 2014 Monday

Look at this little guy blending into the sand.  Isn't he adorable!  Taken at Point of Sand.
Here we are with Brandon the day before he left.  This is at Point of Sand.  Don't we look happy?  We are!  We had so much fun!

I didn't type on my blog last night as it was Super Bowl Sunday and we went to Iggy's this year to watch the game.  Fun to do something different.  We left early as the game was a dud!!  We are on an island and would rather get to bed and up early so as not to miss a minute of the beautiful weather.

Brandon had to go back to the frigid north yesterday after a glorious week with us here on the island.  They changed his flight and he had to leave on the early flight out at 9:15 A.M.  He then flew to Grand, then to North Carolina, then to D.C. and finally on to DesMoines; arriving at 11:00 P.M.  Good grief!!!  At N.C. they insisted on checking his carry on bag and sending it through to DM.  To make a short story long, they proceeded to loose his bag!!  If that wasn't bad enough, his car and house key were in the bag along with some meds. 

We had a sleepless night worrying when we didn't hear from him at 11:00.  Finally around 2:00 A.M. we found out about his "problem".  He stayed in DM at a hotel.  Luckily I have spare keys to his car and house at the Ames house.  Jim and Ginny to the rescue!!!  They actually found the keys and delivered them to Brandon and even took him to his house.  If you need a good friend, look them up!!  Thank you Jim and Ginny.  I can finally relax!

Natalie made it home from her trip to Cancun the same evening but late also.  She had her keys and her bag, thank you very much!!

At this time, they still have not recovered Brandon's bag.  Where in the world is Brandon's bag?

Richard and I got a little sleep and then got up at 6:00 so he could take the boat out.  It was a perfect morning and day again.  Today I washed all the painted porch railings, did laundry, exercised, rode my bike to SCC and walked the beach, vacuumed the whole house, worked a couple hours cutting and hauling tree branches from the driveway, did some phone business, prepared three meals, did a lot of dishes, took a shower, went to a wonderful presentation on coral bleaching and climate change by the CCMI atSCC, and am now typing my blog.

Tonight the sky is rich with beautiful stars and I spent some lovely time this evening out on the beach.  There was not a single bug out and I could have stayed out there all night.  I am making good progress eliminating stickers on the beach as I only had three on my shoes when I came in.  This makes me happy!!  You asked me kids, "What makes you happy"?  There you go!!

I think I'll sleep good tonight.  I'm tired already!
My Jasmine tree is flowering this year.  This is the first time we have seen it flower!  The leaves are all on the trees yet also as there has been a lot of rain this fall.
Check out these cuties!  Notice how clear the water is and this is down deep, deep.  What a snorkel that was!

No comments:

Post a Comment