Thursday, February 20, 2014

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Today I woke up in paradise again.  Am I lucky or what!  We had a leisurely breakfast and started our day. Richard worked on the plumbing for our new tankless water heater.  He will have it all ready to go if and when our current water heater goes kaput!  It could happen in five years or five minutes, who knows!!  I took my bike for a speed ride and did a nice long speed beach walk.  I'm calling that my exercise today.  It sure beats a treadmill!  We made a trip to the bank as I had to pay for our cement work. We also did some beach sitting this morning as it is just so darn beautiful!  Boy, I love this place!!

After lunch I worked on the entrance to our driveway.  It needed some attention.  It looks so much better now.  We are going to do some work on this area in the future.  I should have taken a before photo too.  It looked pretty bad.

Richard took his kayak to the tarpon pond this afternoon to fish.  It is the first time he was able to go this year.  Having the deep sea fishing boat has been using up his time.  He discovered it is not so easy getting in and out of the kayak over there with his arm and foot injuries.  I think he has been pushing himself to the limit with his recovery lately.

This afternoon I took my "floaty" out in the water again.  After getting all hot and sweaty working, it sure felt good to relax in the water.  I laid around awhile after getting out of the water and then I just got lazy.  The weather was so perfect and I just didn't want to stop and make supper.  It was so super nice!!  We did have a good meal though and tonight did some star gazing.  I never stop being amazed by the stars here.  What a show!
  Above is the photo of my hard work.  Right in the center of the photo is our driveway entrance.  Below is another shot taken from the other side.


Below is a picture of a Yellow-crowned Night-Heron that lives in an area along our driveway.  He is very used to us being here now and we love watching him.  He moves in such slow motion when hunting and fishing.  He does his fishing in the water in front of our house.  He has lived here for a few years now and was just tiny when we first spotted him two years ago.  If one clicks on the photo it will enlarge to get a better view as my picture is kind of blurry.

No comments:

Post a Comment