Monday, February 10, 2014

Monday, February 10, 2014

I am still in Paradise today and boy am I glad to be here!  I had a super wonderful day!  The weather here at Little Cayman continues to be better than perfect.  This morning I worked on the beach.  There was a nice breeze to keep me cool.  I was repairing areas that had tree stumps removed the day before. 

After lunch I went for a beautiful kayak paddle for a long time.  It was so peaceful.  The water was calm so the paddling was easy.  After that I jumped in and floated on my floaty, since I already had my suit on.  Super fun!!  I lounged around on a beach chair after, until I got too warm.  Then I got my kindle and went out back to the hammock in the shade and read my book.  Talk about enjoying life! 

Yesterday turned into a very busy day.  Colin (Blossom Construction) came and removed tree stumps on the beach in the hot sun.  At the same time yesterday, Stafford and another guy were here framing out our new cement deck.  This is a happening place!  Marcia and Mark, our Cayman Island friends from Minneapolis, came for dinner last night.  It was fun to catch up with them.  They, like us, are grateful to escape the frigid weather back home.

Richard took the boat out for a bit in the later afternoon.  No fish!!  Where did they go?? 

I could also mention the usual things that got accomplished today.  Shopping for food supplies, went to the bank to pay the Port Authority bill,  general housework upkeep.  I almost forgot--yesterday I washed the windows!  They we very dirty with the ocean salty spray.  Sure is nice to see out again.  Hello scenery!

No comments:

Post a Comment