Sunday, February 21, 2016

Sunday, February 21, 2016

Above is a photo of the kiteboarders on the way to Grand Cayman!  It was fun to watch them get started on their journey!
The weekend has been busy here on the island.  I enjoyed the weather, as it was beautiful.  Yesterday I spent on the beach and in the water.  While out in the water at the house, I noticed a lot of kite surfers.  I counted eight of them!  They are so pretty.  Later, Mike and Linda said the kiters had taken off from their place and there was eight of them!  The group was doing a fund raiser for Cancer and were planning on leaving from Little Cayman and kiting all the way to Grand Cayman.  The trip was scheduled for today.  They planned on leaving as soon as the sun came up.  We decided to cheer them on as they took off for Grand.  This is quite a feat!  I trust they made it safely.

Last night we went to friends for a wonderful dinner.  We had a fun time visiting with everyone and the food was unbelievably yummy!  I am going to need to improve my cooking skills if we are going to keep up around here!

Today Richard got the boat out of the water in order to do more repairs to the motor.  Brian was helping and they used his ramp.  The boat got stuck in the sand and it was a nightmare!  They had to shovel it out and tied both trucks together to pull it out.  I am getting disenchanted with boats!  Is this an adventure!?

Here are a few of the kites.  They look like pup tents on the sand.  So pretty!


No comments:

Post a Comment