Thursday, March 22, 2018

Thursday, March 22, 2018

Wow!  I will start my post writing about Wednesday, (yesterday).  Richard and I went fishing and took some friends along.  It was fun.  The water was flat and it was a beautiful morning.  We caught a Rainbow Runner.  What a tasty, wonderful fish!  Our friends came for dinner so we could all enjoy our fresh catch. 

After lunch the four of us also went snorkeling to Point of Sand.  We went out to the breakers and over to the east side.  This is a hidden gem of an area!  Joe had seen a lion fish there in the past so he brought his spear along and he caught that bugger!  Very exciting!  We had such a great time!  Joe cleaned the lion fish and prepared it and brought it along for dinner.  We ate it as an appetizer and it was spectacular!  Boy, Joe can cook!  We were all hungry after our busy day in and on the water.  What a wonderful day!

Today Richard went fishing and Greg went along.  They caught a Skip Jack tuna.  I enjoyed not going out.  My morning was spent on a bike ride and beach walk.  It was great to be on my bike again.  The south sound is inundated with seaweed!  Nasty stuff!  Makes for a lot of clean up for the resorts and homes in that area.  This afternoon, I went in the water here at the house.  It was fun but I got a bite or something on my left hand and it immediately swelled just huge.  I seem to have extreme reactions to anything now.  Thank heavens for Benedryl.  It is still swollen but not burning anymore.  I was lucky this happened at home and not out.  I guess I should always keep a Benedryl on my person anymore.  What a riot!!

We had fish tacos for dinner tonight and I just wanted to never stop eating!  Yummy!
I took this photo today of the side of our house today.  

Joe attacking the lion fish.
Sunny day on our beach today.
 
Our Skip Jack Tuna.

3 comments:

  1. that's actually the rainbow runner on the last picture. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have loved reading about your time on the island. I know it is paradise! I wish I was there with you... but I'll settle for living the "good life" through your little blog. Do you worry about the sharks? I saw the shark picture in the 3/20? post and that shark looks like it could eat you alive!
    Are these nice sharks? Is that even possible?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jeannine! Glad you are enjoying my blog. I would not get in the water with that shark. That particular shark is called a Silky. The only shark I don't worry about is a Nurse Shark. They pretty much ignore us.

      Delete