Sunday, March 18, 2018

Sunday, March 18, 2018

Today was a great fishing day!  We brought home 3 nice tuna.  We had 6 on but there are sharks in the water that like tuna also.  They stole our fish!!  Twice we had two poles go off.  I had to reel also.  It was fun but these fish are strong and I pretty much just kept them busy until Richard got to them.  The water was flat today.  The conditions are amazing.  I think I could get good at this reeling thing if I did it more often. 

We were out through the cut before 6:00.  Turns out, fish eat early!  This is fine except at 4:00 this morning the power went out.  I woke up immediately as the fans quit running and there was absolutely no breeze outside.  Good luck going back to sleep.  I just went to sleep minutes before it was time to wake up.  I took a glorious nap in the hammock after I was finished cleaning up fish mess. 

After a lunch of tacos we headed to Bloody Bay to snorkel.  I never imagined the sea could be so smooth and clear.  Boy, was it nice!  No turtle again today though.  Where are these elusive turtles?

Needless to say, we ate fresh tuna for dinner tonight.
Here is one of the tuna.  The sun will come up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment