Thursday, February 2, 2017

Thursday, February 2, 2017

Today I am so grateful to be at Little Cayman.  Back home in Ames the temperature was 17degree F.  That is cold!!  It was 85 and sunny here with a lovely breeze.  I went swimming at the house and layed on my beach afterwards.  What a life!

Our permanent Internet was finally installed today.  So the next thing I will expect is the bill!  It was just a little over 3 weeks late.  That isn't bad for island life!

Last night we had friends over for dinner and they brought the game called Sequence along.  It is fun to play and we decided to buy one for at home.  Maybe I'll buy one for here too.  When you don't have TV, you need games.

Yesterday we installed all our new window blinds.  The old ones were blue.  The new ones are white and they really look great!  It really brightens the place up!  It took a while but was well worth the effort.  

I had such a lovely adventure with a tiny bananaquit yesterday while laying on my hammock.  I was reading and suddenly felt something/someone pushing lightly on my hammock.  I thought it was Richard!  I turned my head and there was the little bananaquit sitting there looking right in my face!  It hopped along inspecting me.  It came so close as to peck on my face!  It continued to check out my whole side of my body and then quietly flew away.  These bananaquits don't seem to mind humans at all.  They come on our porch when we are sitting there and get a drink and bathe while we are watching.  Totally adorable!

Cutie Pie is still here on our property but he is all grown up now and looking like an old man!  There is a young one here now also.  Our rock iguana also is back and seems to remember us along with our little curly tail gecko.  Such pets we have!!

Time to beat Richard at another game of Cribbage.  My winning streak continues!

No comments:

Post a Comment