Monday, February 20, 2017

Monday, February 20, 2017

I'm still in Paradise!  I slept a little last night.  My one million bug bites are actually caused by Sea Lice!  How gross is that!!  After researching this and talking to others on island, I now know way more about these lice and hope I never encounter them again!  I guess they got inside my rash guard and got trapped.  The water we were in was too warm and shallow with grasses in it.  Never will I go there again!   I am so uncomfortable!

The boat saga continues.  We are having a technician fly here to work on it and he was supposed to call today.  We never heard a word.  That's island time for you!  Whoa, guys they want to go fishing, whoa guys they just want to fish!  That was to the music of Girls They Want to have Fun.....

Today we cut down trees along the side of the house.  They are Sea Grape Trees.  Very hard to cut and a tremendous amount of work.  It'll be so great when they are gone though.  Richard likes these trees a lot and I hate them.  So we are trying to compromise.  If you give these trees an inch, they take a couple miles!  One has to be aggressive with them.

We have two iguanas that have joined us here.  They hang out here all the time and stay close to watch us work.  We have to step over them a lot as they like to be in the thick of things.  The silly things seem to like it if we talk to them!  What fun!  Today I had my green floaty laying on the porch.  Rocky climbed up all the steps to get up to check out my floaty.  We named them Rocky and Balboa!
They were just tiny when we bought the place.  Now they are all grown up!
Another beautiful sunset tonight.


No comments:

Post a Comment