Sunday, February 19, 2017

Sunday, February 19, 2017

It has been hot here in paradise!  The wind is not blowing so even in the shade it is hot.  This is great water weather.  Yesterday we went with friends to Owen Island in the kayaks.  We took the back way around and then parked our boats on the beach and went snorkeling.  We saw a lionfish!!  Richard put a bunch of rocks at the opening of its cubby hole so he at least couldn't escape.  When it was time to head back home, out of nowhere, the wind picked up! Of course it was the wrong direction!  It was super hard to paddle home.  I was exhausted!  Once back at the house, we all snacked and had rum punches and recovered.

Today the water has been like glass all day!  We should have made our trip to Owen today!  But I can't see the future!!

My continuing saga of bug bites progresses onward!  This morning I awoke with what looked like about 20 mosquito bites on my left shoulder.  As the hours pass I get more and more!  What a mess! Boy do I itch!  I had my rash guard on while snorkeling and that is where all the bites are.  My right arm is OK except for two  on that shoulder now appearing.  Help!!

This afternoon the water was flat as glass and warm.  I went out for a swim and it gave me some relief from my itching.  I had at least four turtles join me.  They wanted to see who the weird lady was with all the bites on her body.  They kept their heads out of the water for long periods and were probably talking to me.  I speak English not Turtleish though!
Fun day on Owen Island

No comments:

Post a Comment