Thursday, February 18, 2010

Thurs. Feb. 18,2010 8:00p.m.

This has been another busy day. We have accomplished a lot. Richard started the morning early with burning some more piles. We can burn here. I worked on moving rocks and raking again. I sometimes feel we could do that forever and not finish. Of course, I pulled weeds. We also moved some big tree trunks together. They were heavy! Then we headed to the store on our bikes and bought paint sealer for the outside of the house. We lucked out and were also able to get some lumber that Richard needs for his newly designed hurricane shutters. I asked the guy at the store if he could deliver us, all our purchases and our bikes home since we bought so much stuff. He said yes! That was nice. When we got back I made lunch. We borrowed (hired) a worker from Southern Cross Club to help haul a bunch of metal and debris to the dump for us. At l:00 he came by. It was nice to get rid of all of that. Obviously, we had a lot of cleaning up to do after the previous owners of this house.

Finally, we started to paint. The sealer is white. The house looks so different. We got about half done. It is so exciting! We will paint it pastel pink. The top half is light blue and our trim is white. How Caribbean is that!

Tomorrow morning Richard is going diving. The water surface is a little rough right now so I am not riding along to snorkel. I will work here at the house and maybe take the kayak for a spin. In the afternoon we will probably paint some more. If suddenly conditions change, I will snorkel instead though.

Our time here is going by very quickly. We have been super busy. We are enjoying every minute. Even when we are working hard.

We forgot to take a picture of our handiwork today so I don't have a photo of the newly primed house. Tomorrow I will do that.

For supper tonight I made leftover pork roast with fried potatoes and peas & corn. Boy, were we hungry. I seem to get along fine without a dishwasher and clothes dryer. I feel just like a pioneer. If only the pioneers had it so rough!

Till tomorrow,
Carolyn

2 comments:

  1. dude why arn't you painting the house pastel purple?!?!?!?! why?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because everyone would think they were gay. har har har

    ReplyDelete