Monday, February 15, 2010

8:00 Island time, 2/15/10 Monday


On the left is Richard in a hammock after we had both of the hammocks hung. How cool is that!















This photo is me in the hammock. These are hung on the street side of the house.





















Here is the coconut and you can see the kitchen in the background.




































Photo of Southern Cross Club's outside bar. These are some people we met last year who come as regulars.













Last night was another good sleeping night. We woke up refreshed for another day in paradise. We did the breakfast thing and then Richard went fishing for a bit and I did my usual load of laundry. I love hanging it out to dry. It is so much fun. After fishing we got out the bikes and headed to the store. We needed some rope to hang our second hammock & a few other things. It was fun as we met a few acuaintences while shopping. One was "Robin the builder". He is coming by tomorrow at 9:00 to give us prices on the changes we want to make to the house too. We met him at Mardi Gras. Turns out he built Johnny Johnson's place right next door. Boy is his place nice, right? We also passed the fuel tank truck and flagged it down. He filled our grill tank so now we can barbecue.


I forgot to mention that yesterday we got a coconut from our very own tree. We cracked it open (took a lot of work) and boy was it ever good. The milk was super sweet. It is so similar to soy milk.



In the afternoon we rode our bikes over to the north side to Bloody Bay to snorkle. The waves were about 10 feet tall. There was no way we could snorkle. We hustled back home and I put potatoes and carrots with my meat that was in the oven and then we got in our kayaks and found a perfect spot and snorkled over here. We saw some cute fishy's and on our paddle back we saw a big shark. He was about 4 feet. When we parked our kayaks and started to walk to the house you could smell our supper cooking. Boy was that cool! I took a shower and served dinner. I do have to mention, that was a lot of bike riding today. It is no small trip to the north side of the island. There are even hills that challenge you. Be strong!


Carolyn

1 comment:

  1. Carolyn,

    I love reading your Blog and seeing all the beautiful pictures. All I can see when I look out my window here is SNOW. I can see you are having a wonderful time. Enjoy that great weather. You sure aren't missing anything here. Tell Richard we said "Hi".

    Linda (and John too)

    ReplyDelete