Monday, February 22, 2010

Monday, Feb. 22, 2010 9:00 pm CI

It is Monday in paradise. What a day we had today. We had to buy our paint for the house and all we have is bikes to bring it home with. We tried unsuccessfully to get a ride. Richard took the pull behind cart and brought home a 5 gallon jug of paint. Now that was a work out. While he did that I raked a hugh area on the side of the house that was covered very deep with sea grape leaves. What a job. I had sweat running into my eyes and mouth and my pants were falling down like a plumbers. The sweat was pouring so bad and I was so dirty that I couldn't keep pulling up my pants any more. I guess they get heavy when wet. It was all worth it as the area I cleaned up looks so nice now. I worked on the beach some today also.

After all that work, we had a good lunch and decided we deserved some fun. We got on our bikes and headed for Bloody Bay. The water was as smooth as a babies butt. We saw a turtle that was bigger than me. I am not even exaggerating. He was just swimming along so beautiful. We also saw our big nurse shark. We like to believe it is the same one we saw last year. Of course, there were many beautiful fish. And the deeper the water the more giant the fish. Boy are they colorful. We really enjoyed ourselves.

When we got back home we got cleaned up and started painting the house. We are 2/3 finished already. In the morning we'll paint again unless the bone fish are out front of the house. Then fishing will be the order of the morning.

After a nice supper, we are both sitting here in a stupor of shear exhaustion. It is time for bed. If only the days could be a little longer. We get up at 6:30 a.m. One just can't wait for the fun to begin. I could use another month here. Today we saw some pretty terrifying pictures on the internet of Des Moines snow. People were wearing heavy coats!

Carolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment