Friday, February 12, 2010

February 12, 2010 Friday

Today was another busy day. Richard went fishing after breakfast. He took the bike and went to his favorite spot and also tried the tarpon pond. I did my usual laundry load. I am trying to wash all the linens so they are fresh for next time. There are a lot of linens. Then I went out with my book. But I didn't make it. I got out the wheelbarrow instead and went to the water side and picked up several loads of nice flat rocks and moved them to the driveway side of the house. I put them by the hose hookup so we can wash our feet there easily. We also have the outside shower but the hose works great for just feet. We just have it all! I had a little gecko keeping me company while I worked. He was hoping he could get my ice water with a lime slice in it. My project turned out nicely. Richard got back and we had a quick lunch.

After lunch our food was to be at the airport. The store delivered in the morning to Cayman Express. So we rode our bikes (it was hot out). Only one small box arrived. They said the rest would be on the 3:30 plane. So we headed back to the house to drop off our box. Then we went back again and it didn't arrived on the 3:30 (plus it was an hour late at 4:30). This is horrible as my food was melting. It wasn't even in coolers. Then we waited for the next plane and it was super late. Finally at 6:15 our food arrived. I was upset as we paid for our food on the plane. It should have taken priority over suitcases as they don't spoil. So we peddled home, put the food away, and I made supper. It was good to have a meal at home. I boiled some potatoes and then fried them in butter with rosemary and salt & pepper (I didn't buy many spices). Along with that we had fresh green beans and hamburger steaks and some fresh fruit.

We had a visitor at the house in the afternoon too. We were getting ready to leave and there was a ruckus under the house. We rushed out to find a hugh iguana. Somehow, he had pushed open the storage room door and it closed on him so he pushed the screen out of the window and fell out. Poor guy. I think he would have enjoyed a treat, but if we feed him he will come everyday and want to eat.

Tomorrow is Mardi Gras here. It is a big deal. There will be floats and a parade and a big meal after. Everyone attends. We will be there with bells on, or should I say beads on.

The temp is still in the 80's and perfect. We couldn't be happier. Back home it is snow and cold.

1 comment: