Friday, February 19, 2010

Friday 2/19/10 8:30 p.m.

We are still here in paradise. Everyday is just perfect. This morning Richard went diving. The water was very rough and his patch didn't work well. He got sick. His dive was wonderful though but he couldn't do the second one. He made it home and rested. After a late lunch he was functioning again. We worked out on the beach again. We were going to finish the prime coat on the house but it was a late start. This place is looking good. One of the builders came by with his estimate for our changes to the house today. He is coming again tomorrow to do a few yard things for us. He has a little tractor to do some quick rock moving.

I was fixing supper tonight when my microwave died. We will get a new one and put it above the stove so I don't have it sitting on the counter anymore. I fixed rice and beans with vegges all mixed together. I was trying to do a Caribbean thing. The grocery store had sent me actual rice. I had to soak it and then cook it for over an hour. It was brown rice and looked like mush. It actually tasted quite good. Natalie would have enjoyed it I think.

Now that I have the dishes done, we are sitting here on our computers just plain exhausted. We spend every bit of our energy every day.

This morning I went on a beautiful kayak ride. It was nice. This was the first time I went totally by myself.

This house is pretty comfortable for the two of us. I think we should keep it. I'm glad I have lots of photos to look at because I will certainly miss being here. Especially since we are going back to winter weather. We seem to have really settled in now.

Carolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment