Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Today was a super busy, exciting day!  We got up at 5:30 A.M. to go fishing.  I guess fish like to eat early!  So we get out through "the cut" in the breakers and head to the spot in the ocean that Richard wanted to try to get the big one.  We were out there fifteen to twenty minutes and one of the polls started humming!  OMG!  We had hooked a Wahoo!  It took a long time and a lot of work to reel him in.  I took over control of the boat and Richard brought the fish in.  Talk about exciting!  I was shaking like a leaf by the time this thing was in the boat.  Richard has been wanting to catch a Wahoo for his whole life!!  Boy is he happy!  I thought we would head back after this but we kept fishing.  I couldn't believe it, we hooked another fish!  It was a super giant tuna!  We had our hands full!  Suddenly a giant shark shows up and bit it in half!  I guess the shark has to eat too!  What a morning!  We were back home by 9:00.  Of course, then we had to clean these fish!  That took awhile!  We have at least 10 pounds of meat from these fish!

We ate an early lunch and both of us took a nap.  I was very tired!  Then we headed to the north side to snorkel.  The water couldn't have been more perfect.  I had the very best snorkel of all time!  We swam with a huge turtle, saw the biggest groupers ever.  There were two barracudas that were 7 feet long and a giant shark!  I could go on and on!  Boy, were we lucky to be there to see this!

This evening we entertained guests for dinner and I am very late updating my blog.  Time is just too fast for me.

Yesterday, Richard went fishing for a short while early in the morning to get the boat going.  We had a busy day getting things done around the house and I took my kayak out in the afternoon for a long beautiful ride as the water was spectacular.  After my ride, I layed on the beach and just relaxed.  Last night was Ladies Night so I headed to Little Cayman Beach Resort for dinner with the gals!  We had a great fun time.

Tomorrow the plan is to fish early again.  What a life here in Paradise!

Richard reeling in his big Wahoo.


Here is his big Wahoo.  What a beautiful fish!
Here is the poor tuna.  More than half went to the shark.  He fought like crazy until shark got him.
Hello beautiful, graceful turtle.
Sunrise over the ocean.
Richard bringing in his Wahoo.  

2 comments:

  1. Every time I see Richard with his beard, I don't recognize him! I think; who is that guy with Carolyn?
    He sure did catch a beautiful fish! What will you do with all that fish? I can't remember if you have a freezer or not.
    And I have a comment about the shark eating half of the tuna. WHAT IF YOU WERE OUT SNORKELING??? Do you ever worry about mean sharks? In your other post when you swam too far out and had to swim against the current to get back... I couldn't help but wonderful if there were sharks watching you, licking their lips! Do sharks have lips or only lot of sharp teeth?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don;t snorkel in the evening or at night when the sharks like to eat. Large barracuda are also something one doesn't want to mess with. Oh, and yes, we do have a freezer. If we catch too much fish, we,ll just have a bunch of people over and eat it up! We gave some to the little resort next door.

      Delete