Thursday, February 26, 2015

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Today we got up around 5:15 to go fishing again.  We got ready and went out the door and down to the dock.  The wind was blowing very strong out of the south.  Just last night we checked Wind finder forecast and it was supposed to be calm.  The weather just does what it wants to do.  We went back in the house and Richard went back to bed.  The ocean would have been too rough and the cut would have been hard to get out of.  It was disappointing as we had such a good time catching fish yesterday.  We will try again tomorrow.

I made pancakes for breakfast since I had a lot of time to enjoy them.  They were yummy!  I worked a little finessing the beach and relaxed a bit.  Off and on all morning, we got a stray shower.  There must have been a weather system passing over us.  The afternoon was blue sky.  Richard went in the afternoon to look for lobsters with the guys.  They came home empty handed!  They just left again tonight (8:00 P.M.) to try again.  I guess that is the best time to go lobstering.

The weather was good for a bike ride today.  I went around 10:30, which is a later ride for me.  In the afternoon, my hammock called me in and boy was that nice.  I'm reading a good book right now and that hammock is the perfect place to read it.  My day was just so enjoyable.

We ate lunch on the porch and I looked out at the water and there were two turtles!  They were going in opposite directions.  They popped their heads out of the water even!

I have a beautiful cool breeze blowing in through the house this evening on me.  Should be another good sleeping night.

2 comments:

  1. I'm looking on the map of Little Cayman. Where are you? I can see some of the places that you have mentioned, like Brac, the Southern Cross, Preston Bay, point of Sand, and the airstrip where Natalie must have flown in... (oh wait she left by helicopter!). But where are you on the map? Where is the Gecko Shack?
    This is the map I'm looking at: http://www.caymanislands.ky/portals/divecayman/images/365divesites/Little%20Cayman.jpg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jeannine, We are in the South Hole Sound just above the letter H in Hole.

      Delete