Monday, February 9, 2015

Monday, February 9, 2015

Today we got up early and were on the first flight out to Brac.  We decided to explore our sister island.  Wow!  It is so different than Little Cayman.  First of all it has a real paved road that is wonderful!  The island is bigger than Little Cayman but it was hard to find a restaurant.  The island seemed less developed than here but there are 2500 people living there.  It has a parrot reserve, tons of caves in a magnificent bluff along the east end of the island.  Boy, did we explore!  We hiked in the hot sun under the bluffs along the ocean and then cooled off inside a bat cave and Rebecca's cave and other caves in the bluff along the south side.  I got to see several parrots and boy do they make a lot of noise!  We ate lunch at the Tipsy Turtle Beach Bar at the Brac Reef Resort.  The place had great food and a fun Caribbean vibe.  

Now I am back home in my paradise, Little Cayman.  Richard and I definitely chose the right island for us.
Exploring a cave.
Riding my bike on Little Cayman.  I love to do this!  

A smaller bluff on Cayman Brac.
In the center of this photo you will find a parrot.  Click on the photo to enlarge.
Natalie and I with Little Cayman in the background across the sea.
Natalie on the plane heading to the Brac.
Natalie holding up the cave.  Thank you Natalie!

2 comments:

  1. I've been watching the blog, hoping that you would return to paradise! I was so excited to see your return today and your posts. I was surprised to see that you've been there over a week!
    I want to be there with you! You are so LUCKY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I see in that third picture is glorious climbing potential!!

    ReplyDelete